What initiatives or processes have you introduced?
• Reorganizing employee onboarding and orientation programs.
• Launching a more efficient performance review program to streamline our semi-annual staff evaluation process.
• Developing a management leadership program to guide our future leaders.
• Spearheading the planning, organization and implementation of a Lean 6-Sigma project for our Tax & Small Business department.
• Designing a training and mentoring program to help our managers become staff advisers.
• Organizing non-traditional continuing education programs to meet the changing needs of our workforce.
• Managing all Experienced Hire recruiting.
Our success is shown not only in our low turnover rate but also in staff surveys that have led BLS to be named a Top Workplace for 11 years in a row.
What have you done to help the community?
I help organize and participate in community activities that BLS CPAs offers through our Community Outreach Program. I also championed for the firm to provide volunteer time off (VTO), which is a program that enables employees to take time off during normalbusiness hours to volunteer at local nonprofits.