By Christine Facciolo In 1982, the Brookings Institution found that 62 percent of the average company’s values were tied to physical assets and only 38 percent to intangible assets, such as people. By 2003, the ...
What initiatives or processes have you introduced?
• Reorganizing employee onboarding and orientation programs.
• Launching a more efficient performance review program to streamline our semi-annual staff evaluation process.
• Developing a management leadership program to guide our future leaders.
• Spearheading the planning, organization and implementation of a Lean 6-Sigma project for our Tax & Small Business department.
• Designing a training and mentoring program to help our managers become staff advisers.
• Organizing non-traditional continuing education programs to meet the changing needs of our workforce.
• Managing all Experienced Hire recruiting.
Our success is shown not only in our low turnover rate but also in staff surveys that have led BLS to be named a Top Workplace for 11 years in a row.
What have you done to help the community?
I help organize and participate in community activities that BLS CPAs offers through our Community Outreach Program. I also championed for the firm to provide volunteer time off (VTO), which is a program that enables employees to take time off during normalbusiness hours to volunteer at local nonprofits.