Did You Know That May is National Military Appreciation Month?
That’s right, all month Americans are encouraged to honor those who have died protecting our freedom, current and former members of the U.S. Armed Forces. This month will have six national observances to spotlight the contributions of those who have served.
- Loyalty Day is Sunday May 1 this year
- Public Service Recogniton Week is May 2-8th
- Victory in Europe Day May 8th
- Military Spouse Appreciation Day May 7
- Armed Forces day May 15th
- Memorial Day May 31st
Since 1999 when Senator John McCain introduced legislation to designate the month of May as National Military Appreciation Month (NMAM) many events across the United States take place to honor those who serve. So take time this month to honor and thank the Delaware men and women who have given so much to preserve our freedoms.