Today Media has an opening in its Wilmington, Delaware office for a Production Manager
We are looking for an experienced organized professional to manage production of monthly publications, promotional and event related materials both in print and online.
You must be self-motivated, organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment .
Today Media is a multi-platform communications company in the Mid-Atlantic. In print, online and in-person, Today Media delivers content that is visually engaging and something its affluent readers always look forward to. In addition to Delaware Today, Today Media publications include Main Line Today, The Hunt, Hudson Valley Magazine and Westchester Magazines. Today Media also publishes the Delaware Business Times and the Delaware Valley Italian American Herald – both tabloids. The company has offices in Baltimore, MD; Rye, NY; Poughkeepsie, NY; Newtown Square, PA and in Wilmington, Delaware where this position is located.
Manage and schedule all production aspects for magazine and tabloid publishing, working with editorial, sales and art departments, and press facilities. Direct a team of graphic and production employees to deliver publications, promotional and event related materials, and client advertising in a timely fashion.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Working knowledge of PDF workflow and environment including pre-flight tools such as Pitstop Pro. Working knowledge of font management utilities and troubleshooting.
- Excellent knowledge and work experience with the entire Adobe Creative Suite library of software including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, and Bridge.
- Excellent understanding of web offset printing. Ability to coordinate with the press on color specifications, print deadlines, and any printing needs including general printed materials. Solicit quotes for special print projects.
- General understanding of layout and mapping a publication to integrate Advertising and Editorial content in a manner that satisfies the requirements of both as well as efficient paper usage.
- Prepares magazine pages for web offset printing and various digital editions using a PDF production workflow. Ability to analyze pages to ensure they meet press specifications. Monitor proofs and production workflow.
- Manage all publications and related materials on a cost control basis by obtaining regular competitive bids for external suppliers including printers, paper merchants and other production suppliers.
- Oversee and participate in the graphic design of print and digital advertising, promotional and event related materials and custom publications.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university with emphases on commercial art, computer graphic design;
- or three to five years of offset printing and/or digital imaging art department experience;
- or equivalent combination of education and experience. Strong skills in work planning, color separation, digital proofing, scheduling, and must have good judgment of color, design, layout, and print specifications.
- Excellent understanding of print/publlshing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Ability to multi-task and manage priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to manage multiple projects and adhere to timelines.
- Ability to perform some job functions using MS Word and Excel.
Job Type: Full-time
Send resume and salary requirements along with cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org