People on the Move: May 12
People on the Move is a part of Delaware Business Times’ For the Record section, a rundown of recent hirings, promotions, appointments and other notable movements by professionals in the state. If you’re interested in submitting an entry, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Elizabeth “Beth” Albano has been named president and CEO of Artisans’ Bank, replacing Mark Huntley who retired April 30, 2020. as the Bank’s 12th President and Chief Executive Officer and a member of the Board. Mrs. Albano previously held the position of Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of Artisans’ Bank. Albano previously held the titles of executive vice president and chief financial officer. She has been employed by Artisans’ for 29 years, serving in a variety of positions with increasing levels of responsibility. Albano is chair of the Delaware Bankers Association’s board of directors, which she joined in May 2015. Additionally, she serves on the Federal Home Loan Bank of Pittsburgh’s Member Advisory Board and the President’s Advisory Council of Mount Saint Mary’s University.
Anne L. Alonzo has joined Corteva Agriscience as senior vice president for external affairs and will serve as chief sustainability officer. She will have responsibility for setting strategy and leading the external affairs function, which includes corporate communications, global corporate responsibility, government & industry affairs, and product advocacy. Most recently, Alonzo served as president and CEO of the American Egg Board (AEB), the marketing arm of the U.S. egg industry, directing national campaigns in advertising, public relations, consumer education, retail, foodservice, export marketing and egg nutrition.
Paul S. Greenplate has been named executive vice president of WSFS Bank’s enterprise risk management area (ERM). In this role, Greenplate will build on the ERM foundation and will concentrate on the depth and breadth of the enterprise risk program. Greenplate has been with WSFS for 20 years and previously served as chief risk officer for WSFS.
Michael Paul Reed has joined WSFS Bank as executive vice president and chief risk officer. Reed will lead all risk management functions including credit risk management, enterprise risk management, real estate services, asset recovery, legal, internal audit, loan review and regulatory compliance. Reed joins WSFS with more than 23 years’ experience providing legal and strategic advice. Most recently, he served as a partner in the financial services and corporate groups at Covington & Burling, LLP, a global law firm with a significant presence in financial services.
Four Wilmington attorneys have been elected to leadership positions as officers and directors with the American Bankruptcy Institute (ABI).
- Ted Gavin of Gavin/Solmonese LLC has become chairman of the board for a one-year term.
- Christopher A. Ward of Polsinelli was elected to serve a two-year term as ABI vice president of development
- Thomas M. Horan of Fox Rothschild LLP has been elected to a two-year term as vice president of communications and information technology.
- Ericka Johnson of Womble Bond Dickinson LLP was elected to the ABI board for her first three-year term. Johnson is the co-chair of ABI’s emerging industries and technology committee, was a member of the steering committee for ABI’s 40 Under 40 program; and serves on the ABI Mid-Atlantic Bankruptcy Workshop Advisory Board
The Committee of 100 has elected new directors and officers. New officers for the 2020-2022 term are:
- President – Pamela Scott, Saul Ewing Arnstein & Lehr (pictured)
- First Vice President – Greg Ellis, Patterson-Woods
- Second Vice President – Nicki Taylor, Artesian Resources
- Third Vice President – Deirdre Smith, Duffield Associates
- Secretary – Paula Swain, Incyte
- Treasurer – Jon Reese, Bryn Mawr Trust
- Immediate Past President – Ted Williams, Landmark Science & Engineering
New members of the board for the 2020-2023 term:
- Peter Bailey, Wilmington University
- Ryan Kennedy, Harvey Hanna
- Rob McMurray, ChristianaCare
- Greg Ritter, Whiting-Turner
- Cathy Rossi, AAA
- Brent Shaffer, Young Conaway Stargatt & Taylor
The board also voted to elect Brent Schrader to fill the recently vacated University of Delaware seat.
The Board of Directors of Del-One Federal Credit Union recently appointed Wesley Stefanick has been named to Del-One Federal Credit Union’s Supervisory Committee. Stefanick is the chief executive officer for the Delaware Association of Realtors, where he manages the operations of the 4000+ member association. He has master’s and bachelor’s degrees in public administration from Kutztown University of Pennsylvania.
Christopher D. Waters has become an associate with Davis, Bowen, & Friedel Inc. As a certified professional land surveyor in both Maryland and Delaware, Waters leads DBF’s survey department in Milford and Easton, Maryland. His surveying expertise includes topographic, site plan, boundary, elevation, and lot line survey in addition to improvement location, stakeout, and subdivision work. Waters is also a forest conservation specialist.
J Clifton D. Mumford has become an associate with Davis, Bowen & Friedel Inc. in its Milford office. Mumford plays a significant role in the firm’s civil engineering department designing sites for government projects and private sector communities. Mumford is currently working on several commercial and residential projects including, White’s Pond Meadow, Coastal Corner, and Asbury Square.