Waffle House in Delaware closed for rodent infestation
(AP) – Another Delaware eatery has been shut down within a week because of a rodent infestation.
News outlets report a health inspector found mouse droppings, expired milk and mold in the ice machine at a Waffle House in Smyrna, resulting in its immediate closure Tuesday. Last Thursday, a Burger King in Brandywine was ordered closed after a video of rodent among hamburger buns went viral.
Division of Public Health spokeswoman Andrea Wojcik says the food protection office received two complaints from one person about mice. The Waffle House couldn’t request another inspection until Thursday.
For now, a sign outside the normally 24-hour diner said it “temporarily closed for maintenance and repairs.”
Waffle House spokesman Pat warner says the corporate office is working with the local team to implement a plan.
Photo via Flickr userrpavich