UD students, alumni compete for $100,000 in startup funding
The University of Delaware Horn Program in Entrepreneurship is holding its annual startup funding competition, Hen Hatch, on Tuesday, April 25 at the World Cafe Live at the Queen in Wilmington. The competition has two tracks, one for students and one for alumni, staff and teachers, with three finalists in each. The teams will compete for a $100,000-plus prize pool.
The finalists include:
• GeoSwap: a social networking app that lets users tap into the pulse of their city.
• Influencia: an influencer marketing platform that brings business and influencers together.
• Revive: a mobile application that helps women find a purpose for the clothing they no longer wear
Alumni, faculty and staff track:
• Strados Labs: Pulmawear, a technology which aims to improve chronic respiratory disease management.
• TenantU: a new model for residential property management.
• Vibrating Therapeutic Apparel (VTA): a wearable, therapeutic products that use vibration technology to help alleviate pain.
The Horn Program in Entrepreneurship offers students a crash course in the entrepreneurial ecosystem. Tickets to Hen Hatch are available here: http://lerner.udel.edu/centers/experiential-learning-centers/horn-program-in-entrepreneurship/hen-hatch-competition/