Service industry, healthcare dominate list of most in-demand jobs
SmartAsset, a personal finance website and service provider, ranked the top 10 most in-demand jobs.
The list is based on four economic metrics: growth in employment from 2015-2016, percent change in average incomes from 2015-2016, expected growth between 2016-2026, and expected percent change between 2016-2026.
Here are the results:
1. Personal Care Aides
2. Food Preparation and Serving Workers, Including Fast Food
3. Postsecondary Health Specialties Teachers
4. Nurse Practitioners
5. Non-Farm Animal Caretakers
6. Restaurant Cooks
7. Medical and Health Services Managers
8. Information Security Analysts
9. Financial Managers
10. Medical Assistants
Out of the ten, there was a wide range of incomes. Half had average salaries of $96,000, and other half made under $32,850 per year. The service industry and health care professions made up the majority of the list.