Oyster House owners earn top SBA award
Chris Bisaha and Joe Baker, co-owners of the Henlopen City Oyster House in Rehoboth Beach, will be named Delaware’s Small Business Persons of the Year tonight.
Tonight’s ceremony at the DuPont Country Club in North Wilmington will feature a talk by U.S. Sen. Chris Coons and recorded remarks from U.S. Rep. John Carney.
The program will fete Bisaha and Baker as well as other SBA award winners:
- Small Business Exporters of the Year: Naresh Batta and Neeraj Batta, Owners of Batta Environmental Associates
- Woman Owned Business of the Year: Jackie Lieske, Owner of Shorecare of Delaware
- Minority Owned Business of the Year: Melanie Thomas-Price, CEO and Administrator of A leap of Faith, Inc.
- Veteran Owned Business of the Year: Marryann and Daniel Ramirez, Co-owners of DAMARA Management
- Young Entrepreneurs of the Year: Mac Nagaswami and Greg Star, Co- Owners of Carvertise
- Small Business Champion of the Year: Audrey Scott-Hynson
- Special Achievement Award: Antara Dutta
- Top Delaware SBA 7(a) Program Lender by Number of Loans: M & T Bank
- Top Delaware SBA 7(a) Program Lender by Dollar Amount: Live Oak Bank
- Top Delaware SBA 504 Program Lender: Delaware Community Development Corporation
- Top Delaware SBA 504 Program Third Party Lender: a tie between Fulton Bank and M&T Bank