Officials: Legislative Hall to reopen after damaging fire
DOVER, Del. (AP) — Officials say Legislative Hall is expected to reopen later this week after a fire last week caused extensive damage to some parts of the building.
Office of Management and Budget spokeswoman Jessica Eisenbrey says the progress since Wednesday’s fire has been dramatic. State officials say cleanup is “95 percent” complete.
The Dover City Fire Marshal’s Office ruled the fire accidental, saying it began when an exhaust pipe for a backup generator in the building accidentally sparked the blaze in the attic during a test.
Eisenbrey says the office of the House Democrats’ chief of staff took some of the heaviest damage.
Ongoing renovations to the House Chamber were not affected and have resumed
Officials don’t have a cost estimate for the damage.
Leave a Comment