Nominees named for 25th anniversary tourism celebration awards
DOVER, Del. – Kent County Tourism will host its 25th anniversary celebration Friday, November 6 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Duncan Center in Dover.
The event will include a buffet awards luncheon, a selection of free local wines and beers, signature cupcakes and cookies by Frankfurt Bakery & Deli and the “Best of Kent County” silent auction featuring overnight stays, accessories, restaurant gift certificates and more, according to tourism officials.
To celebrate Kent County Tourism’s 25th anniversary, two Lifetime Achievement awards and Tourism Person of the Year award will be presented but not revealed until the event. Five awards will be presented, including:
- Partner of the Year: The nominees are Delaware Agriculture Museum, RPJ Waste and Chesapeake Utilities.
- ·Attraction of the Year: The nominees are Killens Pond State Park, Air Mobility Command Museum and Blue Earl Brewing.
- Volunteers of the Year: The nominees are Dover Air Force Base, June Jam and Emanon Motorcycle Club.
- Hotelier of the Year: The nominees are Hampton Inn Milford, Fairfield Inn, MainStay Suites and Home 2 Suites.
- Media Partner of the Year: WBOC-TV, WMDT-TV and Phil Feliciangeli/WDOV Radio.
“We invite our community supporters, tourism colleagues and partners to join us for our annual Celebration of Tourism,” said Cindy Small, executive director of Kent County Tourism. “This is a milestone year for our organization and our yearly opportunity to recognize those businesses and individuals who have gone above and beyond the call of duty for the benefit of tourism in Kent County.”
Sponsors of this year’s event include Dover International Speedway, Delaware State News, First State Heritage Park, Delaware Electric Cooperative, Faw Casson CPAs, Jen-Mor Florist, Mainstay Suites, and the Delaware Store.
Tickets are $35 per person or $260 per table and can be purchased by calling Kent County Tourism at 302-734-4888 or online at http://KCTLuncheon.Eventbrite.com.