Last minute shopping tips
If you’re wondering whether to rush out to the mall today or sit back til the after-holiday sales, Fat Wallet. com has a guide to what to buy and what to wait for.
Here’s their lowdown:
- TV deals — Wait. Although there are good deals on select models right now, selection gets bigger for higher quality TV models in late January during Super Bowl sales, especially in 2016, when prices are expected to drop more than 2015.
- Electronics — Buy personal products. Wait on major purchases. Final holiday and end-of -the-year sales feature great discounts on a variety of personal audio and video products, especially with bluetooth and streaming capabilities, but shoppers should wait to purchase more expensive electronics gear during winter clearance, after new 2016 models get introduced in January.
- Laptops — Buy. Prices will remain at Black Friday levels through the end of the year and go back up in January.
- Home items — Buy. Select kitchen items are still being featured at big discounts, especially coffee makers and juicers. Prices are expected to go back up after Christmas Day.
- Clothing — Wait. Unseasonably warm weather has slowed winter clothing sales, pushing prices down, and those prices should get even lower after Christmas during holiday clearance and into January sales.
- Toys and Video Games — Buy. Prices are still at Black Friday levels on a variety of toys and video games, including Disney Frozen and Star Wars items, and video game console bundles.
- Linens and towels — Wait. January brings traditional white sales, when shoppers can find the biggest selection of higher quality bed and bath linens and towels on sale.