Know how: Adding Instagram to your marketing plan
Ah, Instagram. You either love it, hate it, or you’re scared to try it. Regardless, this photo- and video-sharing app can be a powerful tool for marketing your business. Here’s why.
1. It’s for people of all ages.While Instagram attracts a slightly younger demographic, more and more “older” folks are beginning to jump on the Instagram bandwagon. Your business should take the leap now – before your competitors do.
2. It’s here to stay. Instagram boasts more than 800 million users and is now one of the largest social media platforms in the world, eclipsed only by Facebook and YouTube.
3. It’s easy to use. Once you try Instagram, you’ll marvel at its simplicity. You can accomplish 95 percent of your tasks with five user-friendly icons at the bottom of your screen. If you can get up in the morning and brush your teeth, you can use Instagram.
4. It’s great for brands that rely on visuals. Instagram is a natural fit for businesses that have lots of photo and video opportunities throughout the day. This includes restaurants, salons, interior design firms, real estate agencies, retail stores and more.
5. It’s also great for businesses that think they’re too boring for Instagram. Maybe you’re a bookkeeper or mortgage lender, and you can’t imagine what to post. Share anything that humanizes your brand! This will help you build trust and attract more clients. Consider posting about your staff at fun events. You can also post brief videos to answer questions or make announcements.
Brooke Miles is president of Delaware ShoutOut, a social media ghostwriting and training firm in Wilmington.