Delaware has 11 Inc. 5,000 companies, with two in the top 1,000
Eleven Delaware companies made the cut on this year’s Inc. 5,000 list, which showcases the fastest-growing private companies across the nation.
Some of the companies were making their first appearance, while others have appeared before. The First State maintained a steady presence on the list year over year, as 11 companies from the state made list in 2019 and 2018.
Delaware has two companies that broke through the top 1,000 this year: Keystone Funding Inc., a residential mortgage business, at No. 766 and CompassRed, a data analytics company, at No. 899.
This marks the second year in a row that Keystone Funding made it to Inc.’s list, and the inaugural year CompassRed made it to the top.
“I’m ecstatic to see that we made it into the top companies across the country. It’s a great place to be, and it definitely validates what we’re doing here,” said Patrick Callahan, the CEO and founder of CompassRed, “The data science sector is growing across the country, and we moved here [from Silicon Valley] because we saw the potential, and it’s gratifying to see that my gut feeling was right.”
CompassRed is looking to continuing its growth in the region with Delaware remaining as its home base, taking advantage of the state’s low-cost of living and great talent pool from several universities nearby.
“I don’t see this as pressure, I see this as giving us the confidence to stand up on a national level, something to be proud of when we walk into the room,” Callahan said. “It’s a true credit to the team we have here and their hard work as well.”
B&H Insurance is another newcomer to the list at No. 4,583. B&H Insurance CEO and President John Boykin looks at it as a sign that there’s only one direction to go from here: up.
“This is a great sign that we have a solid combination of a great team and great decision making. No one will expect anything more from us than ourselves, although the competition in me looks as this a benchmark where we are regionally and in the insurance market,” Boykin said. “Getting better is possible, and good is not enough. So this will provide more incentive to keep up what we offer for our clients.”
The following lists the rank, company name city and industry:
- 766: Keystone Funding Inc., Dover. Real Estate- Residential.
- 899: CompassRed, Wilmington. Services-Data Analytics.
- 1,270: Carvertise, Wilmington. Advertising and Marketing
- 1,410: Bolton Group, Wilmington. Services- Remote recruitment and training.
- 2,054: Placers of Delaware, Newark. Human Resources-Staffing and recruitment
- 2,949: Chesapeake Plumbing & Heating, Frankford. Construction- Plumbing and heating.
- 3,576: The Siegfried Group, Wilmington. Financial Services.
- 3,703: Careerminds Group, Wilmington. Human Resources- career coaching, job search, and social networking services.
- 4,173: Endevor, Wilmington. Software
- 4,179: Tenon Tours, Lewes. Hospitality- creates custom tours of the United Kingdom, Ireland, Italy and Iceland.
- 4,583: B&H Insurance, Newark. Insurance.
This is Placer’s seventh year on the list. Cheasapeake Plumbing and Heating and The Siegfried Group have each been on the Inc. 5,000 list six times. Careerminds marked three years on the list.
By Katie Tabeling
Leave a Comment