Governor Carney to hold roundtable on marijuana legalization
As the General Assembly considers a bill that would legalize recreational marijuana use, Gov. John Carney is holding a roundtable discussion at the Delaware Technical Community College today at 4:00 p.m on the topic.
The group includes the bill’s chief sponsors, marijuana advocates, and community members:
- Senator Margaret Rose Henry
- Representative Helene Keeley
- Zoe Patchell, Delaware Cannabis Advocacy Network
- Maggie Ellinger-Locke, Marijuana Policy Project
- Cynthia Ferguson, Delaware NORML
- Linwood Jackson, Delaware NAACP
The discussion is open to the public.
The Marijuana Control Act would make possession of up to an ounce of marijuana legal for adults over the age of 21. The bill prohibits growing marijuana at home, using marijuana in public, and using it while driving or sitting as a passenger in a vehicle. Its supporters estimate legalization would draw $22 million in new tax revenue.