Type to search

News Technology

Fire at Amazon facility in Delaware causes $1K in damage

Share

(AP) — Authorities say an accidental fire at an Amazon warehouse in Delaware resulted in an estimated $1,000 in damages to stock selection of product.

Delaware State Assistant Fire Marshal Michael Chionchio told WDEL-FM that the Tuesday night fire was caused by static electricity igniting leaking vapor from a container of assorted aerosol cans in the Amazon Fulfillment Center’s processing area.

Although fire crews responded, Chionchio says the facility’s sprinkler system extinguished the flames. No one was injured.

Get the free DBT email newsletter  

Follow the people, companies and issues that matter most to business in Delaware.

Tags:

You Might also Like

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Limited time offer. New subscribers only.

Flash Sale! Subscribe to Delaware Business Times and save 50%.

Limited time offer. New subscribers only.