Event to offer primer on SBIR and federal proposal preparation
The basics of Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) funding and applications and federal proposal preparation will be the focus of a workshop next month, sponsored by Delaware’s Small Business Development Center (SBDC).
Becky Airstrup, principal consultant at BBC Entrepreneurial Training & Consulting will facilitate the workshops, free to Delaware faculty and small businesses. The two-day event will focus on federal funding, including:
* The basics of SBIR funding and applications
* The distinguishing features and technology areas addressed in Department of Defense (DoD), Department of Energy (DEO) & US Department of Agriculture (USDA) solicitations
* Getting registered so you can submit
* Preparing proposal components for maximum impact
* How to approach commercialization planning
* Navigating the submission process
SBIR 101 is scheduled for May 3 from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Proposal Preparation Essentials for DoD, DOE and USDA is scheduled May 3 from 1 to 3 p.m. and May 4 from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m.
The workshops will be held at the Optical Science Center of Applied Research at Delaware State University.
For more information, contact the Delaware SBDC at firstname.lastname@example.org or 302-831-1555.