Delaware Tech named 2016 Military Friendly School
For the second year in a row, Delaware Technical Community College has been selected as a Military Friendly School.
The 2016 Military Friendly School designation is awarded by Victory Media to the top 15 percent of colleges, universities and trade schools in the country that embrace military students and dedicate resources to ensure their success in the classroom and after graduation.
Delaware Tech received this designation as the result of initiatives and services including:Dedicated veteran and service member counselors who assist current and veteran service members and their dependents through the process of advisement, applying for VA and tuition assistance benefits, getting tuition bills paid and enrolling in classes.
- Priority of services for qualified veterans and their eligible dependents including course registration.
- Priority placement in competitive programs, provided all other minimum requirements have been met, as well as “credit for prior learning.”
- Veterans Inspiring Progress (VIP) program. VIP is a statewide student veteran organization that connects student veterans with resources to help them succeed and offers support and camaraderie.
- Events and initiatives that support veterans such as the annual Run, White & Blue 5K, Delaware 22in22 and Suiting Warriors.
- Meaningful Veterans Day events at each campus.
The Military Friendly Schools designation process includes extensive research and a data-driven survey of academic institutions nationwide approved for Post-9/11 GI Bill funding. The survey is open to all post-secondary schools and is administered free. Victory Media is a service-disabled, veteran-owned business serving the military community since 2001.
Leave a Comment