Delaware Revenue Solutions Working Group plans public forum
The Delaware Revenue Solutions Working Group has put together a discussion panel that brings notable government representatives into the same room to begin the conversation about the upcoming Delaware budget challenges.
They are interested in hearing from the nonprofit sector to form a comprehensive, representative stance on concerns regarding the current economic budget challenges.
The results of this candid forum discussion will be integrated into messages which the Working Group will relay to elected officials on the sector’s behalf throughout the upcoming budget process.
So far more 110 attendees have registered for this free forum, that will be held at The Delaware State Police Troop 2 Facilities, 100 Lagrange Ave., Newark.
The Delaware Revenue Solutions Working Group was formed in July, just after the struggle to balance this year’s $50 million shortfall. An even greater budget challenge is on the horizon for 2016, so the group came together to tackle this Delaware State Budget issue collaboratively.
Participants in the Working Group include:
- Delaware Alliance for Nonprofit Advancement (DANA)
- Delaware Community Foundation (DCF)
- Delaware Grantmakers Association (DGA)
- Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP)
- Delaware Association of Rehabilitation Facilities (DelARF)
- United Way of Delaware (UWD)
- University of Delaware Center for Community Research and Service (UDCCRS)
The Working Group, comprising the above organizations, plus a variety of government and business partners, has confirmed the following panelists:
- Drewery Fennell – Governor Markell’s Office
- Robert Scoglietti – Office of Management and Budget
- Rep. Melanie George Smith – Co-chair of the Joint Finance Committee
- James DeChene – Delaware State Chamber of Commerce
- George Meldrum – Nemours (Moderator)