DANA to host Delaware Nonprofit Day
Delaware Nonprofit Day, hosted by the Delaware Alliance for Nonprofit Advancement (DANA), recognizes Delaware’s nonprofit sector for the work they do in contributing to quality of life for all Delawareans. Delaware Gov. Jack Markell is scheduled to attend to make a declaration regarding the occasion.
This year, the event will take place on Wednesday, May 18, beginning at 11:00 a.m. on the east steps of Legislative Hall.
“This is an opportunity to celebrate Delaware nonprofits, and recognize them for all that they do. Hard-working employees of nonprofits across the state are dedicated to positively impacting the lives of Delawareans every day,” said Sheila Bravo, pesident and CEO of DANA. “We are grateful to the Governor and Legislators for helping us to highlight the importance of the sector on this special day.”
Delaware Nonprofit Day is the week before the Joint Finance Committee of the General Assembly is scheduled to begin their two weeks of Budget and Grant-In-Aid mark-up.
Facts about Delaware nonprofits:
- Employ over 40,000 people in Delaware (Bureau of Labor Statistics 2012)
- $1.9 Billion payroll (Bureau of Labor Statistics 2012)
- $5.3 Billion in revenue (National Center for Charitable Statistics 2013)
- $432.2 Million: Value of volunteer time (Corporation for National and Community Service 2014)
- Volunteers in Delaware: 110,000 (Corporation for National and Community Service 2014)
DANA’s mission is to strengthen, enhance, and advance nonprofits and the sector in Delaware through advocacy, training, capacity building, and research.
Leave a Comment