Better Business Bureau Delaware holding webinar on fraud
Better Business Bureau Delaware is holding an hour-long webinar on fraud prevention with the Federal Trade Commission, Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services and the Office of the Delaware Attorney General.
The webinar is designed to keep businesses abreast of new methods to fraud, both online and off.
“There are constantly new twists on old scams that keep popping up and BBB has seen victims right here in Delaware,” said BBB President Christine Sauers. “Don’t fall victim to the latest attempts to steal your money or identity, know the warning signs.”
Speakers will include staff from the:
- Federal Trade Commission
- Office of the Delaware Attorney General
- Better Business Bureau Serving Delaware
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- Legal Services Corporation of Delaware, Inc.
Here’s a short list of quick tips provided by the BBB:
- Be wary of unsolicited calls. This is a popular scam tactic.
- Never grant a stranger remote access to your computer. Scammers can steal your personal information and install malware that is used to commit identity theft.
- Beware of anyone asking for untraceable payments. Scammers often ask for payment by wire transfer, gift card, or pre-paid debit cards. Legitimate companies do not ask to be paid in this way.
The webinar will be held June 26 at 11am, more information can be found here.