Beebe offers workshops for patients with chronic illness
Beebe Healthcare and the Delaware Division of Public Health have partnered to host a series of healthy living workshops for those living with chronic conditions.
Locations for the 6-week workshop series include:
- In Georgetown (21635 Biden Ave.), Mondays starting Sept. 10, 9 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Register today (only 10 spots available): https://healthy-living-workshop-beebe-georgetown.eventbrite.com.
- At Epworth United Methodist Church, Rehoboth Beach, Wednesdays starting Sept. 12, 6 to 8:30 p.m.: https://healthy-living-epworth.eventbrite.com.
- At CAMP Rehoboth, 37 Baltimore Ave., Rehoboth Beach, Tuesdays starting October 9, 5 to 7:30 p.m.: https://healthy-living-workshop-beebe-camp-reho.eventbrite.com.
The program is ideal for those living with anxiety, asthma, blood pressure, COPD, depression, weight issues, emphysema, heart or kidney disease, and other physical and mental conditions.
The workshops will teach participants how to:
- Prevent or delay health complications
- Deal with frustration, fatigue, pain, and isolation
- Perform appropriate exercises to maintain and improve strength, flexibility, and endurance
- Communicate effectively with health professionals and others
- Understand the value of nutrition in your health.
Leave a Comment