State Treasurer meets with Tokyo Government Officials
State Treasurer Colleen Davis meet with members of the Tokyo Metropolitan Government and representatives of Mizuho Bank, the primary bank for the State of Tokyo, to discuss best practices in public fund management.
“I am always willing to share some of the things that help make Delaware so successful,” Treasurer Davis said in a statement. “I am proud of our stable finances and strong management and governance and honored to help others strengthen their financial management.
Led by Masayuki Takizawa, Director of Fund Operation for the State of Tokyo, the delegation sought information about topics including public fund management policy, public fund investment policy, and cash management policies and systems.
“Treasurer Davis’s valued guidance on our engagement, management and investment of government funds was extremely informative,” Takizawa said. “We appreciate her time to share best practices and strategic leadership on the long-term sustainability of the three pillars of; the State’s investments, banking services, and debt management programs by selecting and building strong partnerships with world class providers.”
Director Takizawa was joined by:
- Junya Yamamoto – Public Funds Management Section, Management Division, Bureau of Accounting
- Hiroyuki Suzuki – Public Funds Management Section, Management Division, Bureau of Accounting
- Shigeyuki Fukuda – Cashier’s Section, Management Division, Bureau of Accounting
- Hidemi Saito – General Affairs Section, Management Division, Bureau of Accounting
- David Landers – Mizuho Bank, Ltd. – Managing Director, Head of US Government Affairs –
- Ryo Ishihara – Mizuho Bank, Ltd. – Chief Representative, Washington, D.C. Representative Office
- Yuji Yokoyama – Interpreter
Along with Treasurer Davis, Finance Secretary Rick Geisenberger, Deputy Treasurer Jordan Seemans, and the Office of the State Treasurer’s Chief Operating Officer Lisa Embert attended the meeting.