New Castle County hosts public works job fair
NEW CASTLE – New Castle County will host a job fair at the Route 9 Library and Innovation Center on Tuesday, July 12, from 3:30 to 6:30 p.m.
“We encourage anyone looking for a fulfilling opportunity in a wide range public works career paths to attend this event,” New Castle County Executive Matt Meyer said in a statement. “We’re looking to fill dozens of positions from entry level to professional, and we’ll have folks on staff happy to answer questions and assist with the application process.”
Attendees will benefit from the following:
- On-site computers to apply for positions
- Application assistance
- Positions ranging from entry level to professional
- Question and Answer sessions with public works managers and staff
- Experience Public Works energy-efficient, high-tech truck exhibitions
- Cool off with a refreshing treat from Mister Frosty compliments of Public Works.
Candidates will receive giveaways and gain insight on the benefits of working for New Castle County Public Works and interested job seekers should bring a copy of their resumes (if they have one) and prepare to land their next career opportunity.
The nearly 400 New Castle County public works professionals focus on infrastructure, facilities and services that are of vital importance to sustainable and resilient communities and to the public health, high quality of life and well-being of the people of New Castle County.
For more information, visit www.newcastlede.gov/pwjobfair.