Leadership Delaware Class of 2021
ROCKLAND — Leadership Delaware, Inc. (LDI) has announced the Class of 2021, LDI’s 13th class of Fellows. Since 2009, Leadership Delaware has annually selected 18-29 of Delaware’s “Best and Brightest” young leaders to join its program. In this “transformational,” year-long program, participants in the program meet and hear from 140-150 speakers, each prominent and accomplished Delaware leaders, who present on topics including the economy, healthcare, education, finance and banking, the nonprofit sector, corporate governance, agriculture, energy, and more.
The program challenges participants to rise to ever higher levels of leadership and accomplishment in each of the following three areas: their career field and profession, the nonprofit sector, and government and politics.
After a very intense, challenging, and competitive application and interview process, the interview committee, comprised of current Fellows, graduate Fellows, staff and Board Members, selected 17 young leaders (the class is smaller than year’s past for CDC safety guidelines). This group is poised to be an incredibly dynamic, balanced, and talented class from many diverse backgrounds and experiences, from all three counties in Delaware, and we wish them much success as they embark on this exciting year of discovery.
Among the 17 new Fellows, there are 10 women, 7 men, with ages ranging from 23-41, and the average age is 33. In addition, 7 Fellows work for companies that are new to LDI.
This new class marks the last class selection for Co-Founders Terry and Sandy Strine, who started the program with former Governor Pete du Pont in 2008, and the first-class selection for Incoming CEO, Jennifer Cohan.
On Thursday, December 3rd, many of these new Fellows, along with a few hundred other guests, will virtually honor the current Class of 2020 as they become the 12th graduating class, celebrate the leadership accomplishments of Co-Founders, Sandy and Terry Strine, and publicly welcome LDI’s next CEO, Jennifer Cohan. Details for that event can be found on LDI’s website, leadershipdelaware.org.
The Class of 2021:
- Stephen Bart, DE Army National Guard
- Jordan Bonner, Delaware College Scholars
- Jeffrey Chapin, The Whiting-Turner Contracting Company
- Angela Dolan, New Castle County Police Department
- Markevis Gideon, NERDit NOW
- Sierra Harris, Kingswood Community Center and Teen Warehouse
- Mark Mazak, Edmentum
- Jamie McNatt, Chesapeake Companies
- Drew Moore, WSFS Bank and DE Air National Guard
- Rebecca Nazario, ChristianaCare
- Alexandra Parkowski, Aloysius Butler & Clark
- Danika Perry, Psy.D., Nemours
- Justin Rodriguez, CSC
- Taymi Santiago, Nemours
- Nancy Shen, Exelon
- Alison Travers, Ed.D., UD Delaware Academy for School Leadership
- Stephanie Wilhelm, Esq., Stevens & Lee and DE Army National Guard
Leave a Comment