About the Program
The Family-Owned Business Awards program honors family businesses that make up the backbone of the American economy. From small, boutique operations to large multi-generational firms, these entrepreneurial families are building business legacies that will last for generations to come. More than two thirds of privately held businesses in the U.S. are family-owned firms. Delaware Business Times will be celebrating the family-owned businesses that are successful, growing and moving America forward. Honorees will be profiled in Delaware Business Times and honored at an awards celebration.
Nomination Process and Criteria
There is no cost to apply.
- Applicants must provide detailed and tangible accounts about the strategy, vision, growth and lasting legacy of the family business.
- Previous finalists can enter, but previous winners must demonstrate employment growth from the year they won. Previous winners are also eligible for consideration in a specialty category (e.g., Innovation or Community Service).
- Family involvement must be in at least its second generation, although you can be in current transition.
- Family must control at least 25% of the company’s voting rights.
- The business must be headquartered in Delaware.