2020 Family Business Awards Application Form
Applications are open for the 2020 Family-Owned Business Awards!
The 2020 Family-Owned Business Awards will honor multi-generational, family-owned businesses in our region for overall excellence, innovation, ethics and philanthropy.
This is an excellent opportunity to share an inspiring story of success with others. If you know an exemplary family-owned company, this is your chance to help share that company’s story with a larger audience.
We have streamlined the nomination process to make it faster and easier, but we’re relying on business leaders like you to identify Delaware’s family-owned businesses worthy of consideration.
Nomination Process and Criteria
There is no cost to apply.
- Applicants must provide detailed and tangible accounts about the strategy, vision, growth and lasting legacy of the family business.
- Previous finalists can enter, but previous winners must demonstrate employment growth from the year they won. Previous winners are also eligible for consideration in a specialty category (e.g., Innovation or Community Service).
- Family involvement must be in at least its second generation, although you can be in current transition.
- Family must control at least 25% of the company’s voting rights.
- The business must be headquartered in Delaware.
Application Submission and Evaluation
All applicants will be evaluated by an independent panel of local business leaders and assessed strictly based on the information provided in the application. Applicants will be notified of their status by a DBT staff member. Applicants who complete the form in its entirety will have a better chance of being selected. If ONLY applying for a specialty award, only the applicant and specific award section must be completed.